Nobody can deny that pets are great companions and people love to keep them in their homes. However, the amount of hair they shed on the bed, clothes, sofa, carpets and the floor, can be a little frustrating. We all know the troubles of cleaning pet hair.
People usually go for end of lease cleaning in Adelaide to clean their homes thoroughly. This undoubtedly is the most effective way, but you also need to make some effort on your part to keep the place neat and hygienic.
Here are some smart ways that you can follow to ensure that you have a home that is free from pet hair. When you get rid of the hair, you improve the environment of the house and make the indoor air cleaner. Thus it is essential to clean up pet hair around your house. Let’s have a look at the smart strategies.
1. Use Window Squeegees to Remove Hair
If you are using a vacuum cleaner to remove pet hair, but not getting the result you want, there is an effective way to handle this problem. You can use window squeegees to deal with this problem. First, take a squeegee that has a long handle and then move it back and forth across your carpet.
The squeegee can do the job for you because the rubber attached to it will loosen the stubborn layer of hair from the surface. Finally, pick up the clumps of hair that you have accumulated. Continue this procedure until all the pet hair is removed entirely.
2. Use the Right Vacuum Cleaner
Using a vacuum cleaner is one of the easiest and quickest ways to clean up pet hair around your house. As it sucks all the hair from a surface, the pet hair, dust and germs do not spread in the air, unlike dusting. But make sure you have the right vacuum cleaner because when it comes to removing pet hair, some vacuum cleaners are more effective than the others.
The suction power is an important aspect, but you cannot ignore other important features like user-friendly level, the endurance of the belt and agitator brush effectiveness. So, before you buy one, read the reviews properly. Moreover, some manufacturers provide specially designed brushes to clean pet hair.
So, go for the most appropriate one. When you are running it on the furniture, bed or carpets, do not hurry. Give it enough time so that it can suck all the hair properly.
3. Dampened Rubber Gloves
You can use dampened rubber gloves to remove pet hair from your house. First, you need to understand the science behind this. When you wear the gloves and rub your hands all over your belongings, friction between the fabric and glove creates static energy.
And this forces the debris such as pet hair to stick to the glove. You can run your hands over all the cloth surfaces to attract the pet hair. Cover large areas like big pillows, bed covers, sofas and remove hair from the surfaces. If you opt for end of lease cleaning in Adelaide, you will see that many professionals follow this approach.
4. Use a Roll of Tape to Pick Up Pet Hair
This is one of the cheapest ways to get rid of pet hair. Not many things can work better than a thick tape, irrespective of its type. All you need to do is put it on the surface that you want to clean and then pull it away. The glue present on the tape will ensure that even the small hair gets stuck to that tape.
You can use one tape a couple of times (depends on the power of the glue). Different types of tapes are available at nearby stores in Adelaide. Purchase a couple of tapes to clean the pet hair in your house.
5. Use Anti-Static Spray To Get Rid Of Pet Hair
If you want to clean pet hair from your expensive wooden furniture like study tables and chairs, take a soft piece of cloth and an anti-static cleaning spray. This keeps the hair on the duster rather than allowing it to reattach itself to your furniture. People usually opt for end of lease cleaning in Adelaide, but you can follow this method to do the clean-up.
You can also use this anti-static dusting spray on your carpet to pull pet hair to the surface. Then you can run the vacuum cleaner over the carpet. To remove the fine hair that stays deep in the surface of the rug, move the vacuum in different directions.
6. Remove Pet Hair in Your Washing Machine
To remove pet hair, household germs, bacteria and dust mites, wash pet blankets and rugs in your washing machine using hot water. Add a liquid water softener or white vinegar (around half a cup) to your wash cycle to further loosen the hair in the machine.
At the end of the cycle, make sure that you pick all the visible pet hair. This is a beneficial process because it not only removes the hair but also makes things germ-free. Let them air dry, but in a closed area, otherwise, pet hair will again stick to the wet surface.
7. Use Lint Rollers on Your Pet
Lint roller is a tool that makes removing pet hair a lot easy. Irrespective of the length of the hair, the lint roller will remove it from your clothes as well as furniture. As a result of that, things look very neat and tidy. These rollers come in various shapes and sizes so that you can buy them as per your requirement from any of the stores.
If you go for experienced end of lease cleaning in Adelaide, the professionals will also suggest you to keep your surroundings clean with the help of a lint roller.
What Else You Can Do: Additional Tips
- Regularly use cat and dog grooming brushes on your pet to accumulate the weak or already broken hair. These will prevent the hair from spreading in your home.
- If you love your pet but are not at all happy with their hair mess, go for the surfaces that repel pet hair. This move can make your life much easier. It means you need to replace carpets with hard floors, velvet sofas with leather or cotton sofas, and so on.
- If your pet has any specific spot on your couch, carpet, or bed, use a pet blanket or rug to cover the spot. When it gets dirty, clean it in your washing machine. Doing so will protect the floor and furniture while you can keep the germs away.
- A robot cleaner is another great way to remove pet hair. When you are not in the house or running out of time for a thorough vacuuming, this machine will be handy. It will keep your pet hair under control, thus reducing your cleaning task on weekends.
- Instead of vacuuming the hard floors for hours, try microfiber dust slippers or dust mop. But ensure you do not wash them with any fabric softener.
- To keep your house thoroughly clean, you can opt for end of lease cleaning in Adelaide every fortnight.
- Having a humidifier can also help with the pet hair problem. They not only help keep the skin hydrated, but also prevent the loose fur from going deep into the surfaces.
The Bottom Line
Removing pet hair from your home doesn’t have to be a difficult task. All you need to do is follow some smart strategies that can give you the result you want and get the job done in the least possible time. The ways mentioned here will help you to clean pet hair and make your home a more hygienic place to live.