If someone in your family has had a flu, cold or any contagious disease, then make sure you thoroughly clean and sanitise your house to prevent illness from spreading to other family members, especially toddlers and elders.
No matter how busy you are in your office, it is a key responsibility to engage in in-depth cleaning process because some bacteria can live on common places such as doorknobs, floors, faucet handles, etc for more than two weeks.
If you don’t get time for thorough cleaning, then it is good to hire a renowned Cleaning Company in Adelaide. Professional cleaning companies leverage the efficient techniques and biodegradable cleaning products to spruce up every surface in every room no matter how.
You can also take voluntary assistance from your family members to get the house germ-free as soon as possible. To make your work a bit easier, we light upon the key areas that require deep cleaning along with their right cleaning hacks. You can follow these tricks to clean and sanitise after a household illness.
Immediate Sanitisation after the Illness
Killing bacterial particles, germs and viruses from surfaces need more than hot water and mild cleaners. You need to use a disinfectant that can clean the surface or item and kill the germs quickly.
You can also prepare a disinfectant at your home using chlorine bleach instead of using regular cleaners with toxic chemicals. All you need to do is to:
- Add 2 tablespoon of chlorine bleach to 5 cups of water.
- Mix them properly and make sure you make a fresh solution every time because chlorine bleach could lose its cleaning properties when exposed to air for more than an hour.
- Pour the mixture into an empty spray bottle.
How to Disinfect the Dirtiest Areas to Prevent Illness from Spreading?
- Spray the solution directly on the affected area and wipe down using a clean white cloth or a paper towel.
- It is good to leave the solution for two-three minutes and then rinse it with plain water.
- Never use sponges for disinfecting because they can breed more bacteria in the corners. Instead, use a paper towel that can be thrown away or cotton cloth that can be washed after the cleaning process.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth dipped in the bleach-water solution to disinfect remotes, doorknobs, refrigerator door handle, computer keyboards etc.
Tip: Never mix any disinfect cleaners with ammonia-based cleaning solutions because toxic fumes could cause severe injury or death.
Clean & Sanitise your Living Area
A sick person may want to spend quality time with his/her family and living room is the area where an entire family gathers to spend time together. That means to keep your home healthy for other inmates, disinfecting living area becomes imperative, especially the contaminated carpet, upholstery, furniture, etc.
- To prevent harmful germs from spreading in the entire room, you should thoroughly clean and disinfect the floors, Windows, blinds, etc.
- Cover the furniture with clean blankets and sheets. Make sure you change them frequently.
- It is better to replace dirty pillows with washable ones.
- Disinfect the hard surfaces such as light fixtures, light boards, phones, remote controls and door knobs using bleach-water disinfectant cleaner.
Tip: Avail thorough house cleaning service from a professional cleaning company in Adelaide to get your house clean and hygienic.
Head towards Bedroom
Unfortunately, the bed contains hundreds and thousands of germs when someone is suffering from cold and flu. If you want to get rid of bacteria and germs, be sure you disinfect the bed lines after every use.
- Change bed sheets, pillow covers, and other bed linens with washable ones.
- Keep the sheets away from your face. Always wash the linens immediately to prevent cross-contamination with other clothes.
- Mop the floors with a disinfectant cleaner.
The kitchen is one of those areas that should be restricted for the one who is sick. But, still you need to be very careful and thus sanitising hard surfaces becomes imperative in the kitchen right after a household illness. While hand washing is the basic cleaning aspect, don’t forget to sanitise the countertop and cooktop before preparing your meal.
All dishes and other utensils used by the sick person should be cleaned and washed at high heat either in an automatic dishwasher or dip in a disinfectant solution to kill germs and bacteria.
Don’t forget to clean chair backs, drawer, cabinet, tables, microwave handle, refrigerator handle and other hard surfaces in your kitchen using a paper towel or microfiber cloth (dipped in homemade disinfectant cleaner).
Bathrooms are one of those areas that get more infectious when someone is ill. Diarrhoea can leave plenty of tiny particles in the wash basin and toilet seat. In short, thorough cleaning and disinfection of bathroom are imperative right after a household illness.
Wipe down the sink and shower handles; toilet flushing handles, lids, seats, light switches, door knobs, floor, toothbrush holder etc with a disinfectant solution. Replace the dirty hand towel with a washed one and wash all bath towels, rugs in hot water and also dry them at high heat to kill germs.
If you want to prevent the spreading of germs and bacteria to other members of your family, then thoroughly clean and sanitise right after a household illness. You can also opt for an experienced Cleaning Company in Adelaide to deep clean your house without a hint of any stress.