It is always good to prefer natural cleaning products over store-bought window cleaners because they contain harmful chemical and toxic elements. Most professionals use white vinegar, baking soda and other eco-friendly products while carrying out the best end of lease cleaning in Adelaide. You can also use them with the right method to restore the former glory of your windows like a pro.
Today, we will unveil the super easy ways to clean your window frames and doors using proper tools and products. So, keep on reading the article:
Things You Will Need:
To carry out the cleaning job with perfection, you need the right set of equipment and cleaning products. Here is the list of things you will need for better outcomes:
- Spray bottle
- A microfiber cloth
- A vacuum cleaning machine
- Warm water
- White Vinegar
Tips to Clean Window Frames
Take a look below and explore the best ways to clean your window frames as well as sills. So, let’s get started!
- First, you need to open the windows properly.
- Now run the vacuum cleaner to remove built-up dirt, dust, heavy soil and other debris from the interior of your window frame.
- You can also use the soft-bristled brush to get rid of dirt and loose debris from nooks and crannies.
- Prepare a white vinegar and warm water solution and apply it on the window frame to remove tough stains. Let the product sit for a while before scrubbing or wiping.
- Check for mould and mildew. If you encounter it, prepare a mould remover by mixing one part of bleach with four parts of warm water. Apply the solution on the affected area and leave it for a few minutes.
- Remove the mould using a clean cloth or paper towel. Let the windows get a regular follow of air. This will keep the area damp-free and prevent the build-up of mould.
- In order to crystal clear windows, use a squeegee instead of a newspaper. The soft blades will help you get rid of excess water and soap residue with ease. Begin one side or sweep from one side to another.
- Wipe off your windows using a clean microfiber cloth to achieve streak-free results.
Note: If you are preparing for a rental inspection, look for the best end of lease cleaners in Adelaide. They will assist you in bringing back the lost shine of your rental property, including your windows.
Tips to Clean Window Doors
Here is a complete guide that will help you spruce up window doors without any professional assistance. Make sure you follow the methods properly and use only mild or safe cleaning products.
- Keep the doors open so that you can access every nook and cranny easily.
- Attach a brush nozzle on your vacuum cleaner and clean around the inside frame of your door.
- Do not forget to remove accumulated dust from cervices, corners and of course, around the lock.
- Prepare a homemade cleaning solution by combining a cup of white vinegar with five cups of warm water in the spray bottle.
- Apply the solution and leave it for 10 minutes to break down tough stains and grime.
- Wipe down the surface using a clean cloth.
Regular Cleaning is Must
Whether you are preparing the house for a Christmas or moving out of a rental property, it is always good to pay special attention to your windows. If you don’t have time for deep window cleaning, you can set a routine and do it once a week. Wiping and vacuuming will do wonders as it won’t let the dirt and dust to build-up on the surface.
So, make sure you clean your window frames, doors, sills and glass on a regular basis using safe and sound cleaning products. Do twice a week if your windows have sliding doors because the accumulated dirt can make your windows look gloomy.
Things to avoid While Sprucing up Your Windows
You can’t use anything on your windows. They can leave scratches easily if you use the following tools or products:
- Scouring pads
- Abrasive cleaning products
- White spirit
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Iron wool
Be careful while doing such chores without any professional assistance. Instead of using anything on the surface, it is good to try proven hacks or tricks that can bring back the pristine glory of your windows with ease.
Now you have everything you need to know when it comes to cleaning window frames and doors, make sure you achieve a streak-free result. For a thorough and professional end of lease cleaning in Adelaide, contact the best company that can give you quality service at the most reasonable price.