Cleaning it reasonably is necessary to claim the bond back after the lease term ends and the tenant moves out of the rented real estate. Many people hire bond cleaning professionals or end of lease cleaning experts in Adelaide to prepare the property for the final inspection.
When moving out of a rented property for the first time, any tenant can feel confused about end of lease cleaning and bond cleaning. Here is your complete guide outlining whether these two types of cleans are the same or not to clear your doubts. Have a look!
Necessary Tasks to Perform a Bond Clean or End of Lease Clean
Bond cleaning or end of lease cleaning in Adelaide are interchangeably used terms for deeply sanitising your rented property to get your bond back in full and move out successfully. In both types of cleans, there are many tasks one has to perform and here are some of the necessary ones.
1. Carpet Cleaning
Often tenants cannot get a complete rental bond refund because the carpets are dirty or heavily soiled. Cleaning the carpets is a major part of end of lease cleaning, and it should be done adequately.
It is best to let the professional end of lease cleaners in Adelaide sanitise the carpets as they have the right tools, supplies, and techniques. They can deeply vacuum, shampoo or steam clean the carpets with high-performance machines.
Note: If your landlord had the carpets cleaned by professionals, the tenant would have to book professional end of lease cleaners in Adelaide to clean them adequately.
2. Kitchen Cleaning
The kitchen is the most used and commonly frequented part of the house, making it one of the dirtiest areas. Deep cleaning is tricky and tiring, but tenants need to pay extra attention to this part of the house because it accumulates grime, grease, food carbons, and much more. Cleaning the kitchen at the end of a tenancy is different than regular cleaning and includes the following things.
- Cleaning cabinets, drawers, cupboards, and other storage units
- Cleaning the windows, doors, tracks, frames, and range hood
- Sanitising the sink and drains
- Cleaning the oven, microwave, dishwasher, and other appliances
- Wiping all the fixtures, countertops, and slabs
- Sweeping and mopping the floors
3. Bathroom Cleaning
Another room that the landlords pay extra attention to during end of lease cleaning inspection is the bathroom. At the end of your tenancy, it needs to be cleaned thoroughly to get your bond back. Here is what a bathroom clean includes when moving out.
- Cleaning the toilet, bathtub, shower tiles, sink, etc.
- Wiping the lights, countertops, slabs, and fixtures
- Cleaning the windows, doors, cabinets, drawers, frames, and tracks.
- Washing the mirrors and shower glasses
- Removing mould and its spots
- Washing and mopping the floor
4. Cleaning Other Rooms
The entire property is deep cleaned at the end of a tenancy, and it includes doing the following in all the rooms.
- Dusting and wiping all lights, surfaces, fixtures, countertops, etc.
- Clean windows and doors along with their frames and tracks
- Wipe and sanitise storage units
- Vacuum all surfaces and objects
- Remove any mould spots, marks, stains, and spills from walls, floors, ceilings, and other surfaces
- Get rid of trash and garbage
- Sweep and mop the floors
5. Outdoor Cleaning
End of lease cleaning or bond cleaning includes internal and external sanitation of the rented property. Outdoor cleaning includes the following tasks.
- Dusting and vacuuming outdoor furniture, lights, and fixtures
- Wiping the rails and grills
- Mowing and raking the lawn/yard
- Washing the garage floor, entryways, and stairs
6. General Cleaning
In addition to all the tasks listed above, there are general cleaning activities you need to perform for a bond clean.
- Remove garbage and trash from the property
- Clean mould growth (if any)
- Get rid of pests from the house
Do you Need Additional Cleaning Services?
Reputed cleaning companies offer end of lease cleaning in Adelaide and additional services to help tenants get their bond back. These services can bebooked separately, and their charges are calculated separately. Here are some examples of additional cleaning services you can book.
- Upholstery cleaning
- Pest Control
- Pressure Cleaning
- Pool Maintenance
- Wall washing
- Blinds cleaning
According to the requirement, you can get professional help for cleaning and sanitising your property. Hire end of lease cleaners in Adelaide from a reputed cleaning company to get the services at reasonable rates and increase your chances of getting your rental bond back in full.
The Bottom Line
End of lease cleaning and bond cleaning are the same since they are performed at the end of a tenancy. The main objectives of the final clean-up are helping the tenant get the bond back and return the rental property in the same clean condition it was in at the start of the tenancy.
Thus, if you are a tenant, then follow this guide to learn what end of lease cleaning or bond cleaning comprises to move out smoothly and without any hassle.