Bond cleaning is different from regular cleaning, and most people hire professional end of lease cleaners in Adelaide to perform it. Booking professionals increases your chances of getting your bond back in full as they clean according to REISA-approved checklists.
However, if you have the option to DIY clean the property and want to opt for it, then you would require personal task lists for streamlining your work. Indoor bond cleaning lists are readily available online, which is why here is an outdoor cleaning checklist by experts that will help you deep clean your rented property from the outside. Have a look.
Vacuum Outdoor Fixtures and Areas
The door fixtures, walls, baseboards, and other areas are likely to have cobwebs, leaves, dust, dust mites and other debris. Therefore, start vacuuming all the outdoor spots to remove contaminants and make the cleaning process more manageable. Make sure you use a high-power vacuum cleaner and empty the dust bag a few times while vacuuming outdoor areas.
Spruce the Garden/Lawn
After vacuuming the outdoor areas, move on to sprucing your garden or lawn by doing the following activities.
- Blow or rake the leaves to pile them in a corner and stuff them in trash bags
- Remove weeds, mow the lawn and trim plants
- In case any plant died due to your neglect during the tenancy, it would be better to replace them.
Wash Outdoor Windows and Doors
Exterior windows and doors are the first things people notice about a home, and the cleaner they are, the better the house looks. Therefore, at the end of a tenancy, you need to wash the outdoor windows and doors before moving. After vacuuming:
- Spray the fixture with a mild soap and water solution and scrub with a sponge or brush.
- Rinse with warm water and remove access water with a rubber squeegee before wiping with a dry microfiber cloth.
- While washing exterior windows and doors, make sure you remove dust, dirt, and pollutants from the tracks and frames.
Note: To clean these fixtures naturally like the green end of lease cleaning experts in Adelaide, you can use Castile soap, baking soda, and white vinegar.
Clean the Entryways and Driveway
These areas become heavily soiled if they are not washed regularly. Here is what you need to do.
- Sweep the entryways and driveway with a broom and collect the debris using a dustpan
- Hose these areas with water to remove stubborn dust and dirt
- Ask your landlord if these areas were pressure washed. If yes, then seek the assistance of professional end of lease cleaners in Adelaide or rent a pressure washing machine to clean yourself.
Pay Attention to the Garage
If your rented property has a garage, then clean it reasonably by following these steps.
- Vacuum all surfaces, fixtures and storage units
- Spot clean walls and wipe baseboards
- Remove oily or greasy messes/stains that happened during your tenancy
- Sweep and mop the floors
Pay Attention to Patio, Balcony, and Deck etc.
Since you have to return the property in a reasonably clean condition to get a complete bond repayment, you have to pay attention to any of these areas. Make sure the patio, balcony, and deck are swept, washed and mopped before you move out. Also, clean all the furniture, curtains, fixtures, and other areas as per the original condition report.
After cleaning and sanitising outdoor areas, the last task is to dispose of any garbage or clutter you have collected responsibly.
- Use good quality and recyclable trash bags to carry and dispose of garbage quickly.
- Empty the vacuum cleaner’s dust bag
- Check trashcans and clear them
- Inspect each corner, nook and cranny for wrappers, cans, lids, cigarette butts (if anyone in the house smokes), empty bottles, and other litter.
When to Hire Professionals?
End of lease cleaning is a strenuous and challenging activity that takes time and effort. Many outdoor cleaning tasks require the usage of specific equipment which only professional end of lease cleaners in Adelaide have and know how to use correctly.
Hiring professionals is also necessary when outdoor areas were cleaned by experts before the start of your tenancy. To know for sure, ask your landlord/property manager for a copy of the bill to see which professional end of lease cleaning services they or previous tenant availed.
Using this outdoor cleaning checklist, you can leave your rented property in a reasonably clean condition and solidify your chances of getting your bond back in full. Alternately, hire professional end of lease cleaners in Adelaide if you are obligated to get the exteriors or interior areas professionally cleaned.