How to Clean Bathtub Stains Naturally
However, you don’t need these costly store-bought cleaners to get the job done. Most of these products contain harmful chemicals that worsen the indoor air quality, leading to infection and other health issues. You can remove the stains from the bathtub surface by using eco-friendly methods.
Along with the chemically loaded products, it is also advisable to avoid traditional methods like using paint thinners, steel wool, etc.
If you are moving out of the rental property, then stains on the bathtub can be a matter of conflict. Therefore it is advisable to contact professionals who offer reliable end of lease cleaning Adelaide.
There are many companies that have started using eco-friendly products, so you can hire any one of them. If you want to get rid of the stains from the bathtub without using any chemicals, you need to follow some particular ways.
Read on to know more about how to clean bathtub stains naturally.
Supplies You Need to Remove Bathtub Stains
You will need the following ingredients to clean your bathtub. You can purchase these things from any nearby store.
- White Vinegar
- Borax powder
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Microfiber cloth/ sponge
- Spray bottle
How to Remove Mild Bathtub Stains
When you don’t clean your bathtub as regularly as you should, dirt settles down, and mild stains appear on the surface.
To remove such stains, you don’t need to buy expensive cleansers. All you need is baking soda, vinegar, and water. There are many reasons to make the switch to natural cleaning products, but perhaps the most important one is the safety they offer. Follow the method mentioned below.
- Sprinkle baking soda evenly over the tub, paying special attention to the stained areas.
- Then, make a vinegar-and-water mixture and spray it all over the surface.
- Wait for a few minutes so you can see the bubble on the surface.
- After that, scrub the area well with a sponge or soft cloth until paste forms.
- Wait for another 15 to 20 minutes before cleaning and washing the surface.
How to Remove Tough Bathtub Stains
If you ignore light stains in your bathtub, they will become difficult to remove. One of the best ways to remove such stains is by hiring seasoned end of lease cleaners in Adelaide. They have expertise in removing such stains.
However, before hiring professionals, you should try the method. You only need baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to remove the stubborn stains.
- Prepare a chemical-free bathtub cleaner by mixing using one part hydrogen peroxide and two parts of baking soda. You can also use a cream of tartar if you do not have baking soda.
- Then, apply the paste on the stain and allow it to settle down for around an hour.
- Use a sponge to rub the surface and again wait for a few minutes.
- Wipe off the paste and wash the surface with clean water. Repeat the technique if the stains are still visible.
How to Remove Hard Water Stains from Bathtub
Hard water stains are a common issue, and everyone has to deal with them. Instead of using store-bought products, opt for white vinegar. Hard water stains often cause a problem for the tenant during the final inspection.
So, if you are moving out of the rental property, contact a reputed end of lease cleaning company in Adelaide. Before choosing professionals, learn how to choose the best end of tenancy cleaning company. If you want to do it on your own, follow this method.
- Pour white vinegar into a dish and soak paper towels in it.
- Apply the wet paper towels immediately to the stained spots.
- Remove the wet paper towel from the spot after two hours.
- Then, make a paste using baking soda and vinegar and apply it to the stained area.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rubbing the area with a sponge.
- Finally, wipe down the surface with a damp towel and thoroughly rinse it.
How to Remove Rust Stains from Bathtub
Rust stains are another issue that you may encounter with your bathtub. However, a paste of vinegar and borax powder can be used to remove such stains. If you hire certified end of lease cleaners in Adelaide, you’ll notice that they also use this strategy. So, give it a try.
- To begin, make a thick paste of borax and water.
- Wait 10 to 20 minutes after applying the paste to the stained area.
- Then, using a sponge, rub the stained area to eliminate the stains and wait a few minutes.
- Finally, clean the surface by wiping it down and thoroughly rinsing it.
Removing stains from the bathtub is considered one of the most challenging bathroom cleaning tasks.
However, you can make the task easier by following the eco-friendly products and methods mentioned above. If you want to stay away from the hassle of scrubbing and washing, then hire professionals who offer the best end of lease cleaning in Adelaide.